We are currently recruiting for an experienced Developer. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of experience in a software engineering background. The candidate will be required to have knowledge and experience in both C++ and C#, developing apps/services on a windows platform.
The role is based at our Head office in Billericay. We operate a Hybrid working model with 3 days based in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic C++/C# Developer with experience in Object-Orientated C++ to join one of the UK’s leading electronic payment solutions provider.
The C++/C# Developer will join a team of Developers and will play a role in the building, maintaining and testing of HOST services.
Head Office is the main base, but some travel may be required in the UK and overseas when collaborating with global development teams.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Adding new functionality into the embedded devices and HOST processes
- Work with local and international sponsors and be one of the technical point of contacts for embedded devices and HOST processes.
- Analysing and improving performance issues, and making suggestions for improvements of the current embedded devices.
- Working on internal processes to improve performance, reliability and usability
- Delivering a continuous integration system for both embedded devices and HOST processes with other developers.
- Adhere to existing company policies and standards.
- Object-Orientated C++
- SOLID principles
- Development of applications or services that run on Windows Server / Unix
- Ability to wok autonomously.
- Testing, user acceptance, unit testing and test automation
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Working knowledge of TSQL (DML elements).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as an IT C++ or C# Developer
- Relevant experience in development of applications/systems delivering low latency, scalable high availability systems.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of producing high quality documentation, with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Capable of representing the company to partners at a senior level face to face or by telephone
- Self motivated and able to work/travel independently
- Proactive, able to work with a high level of responsibility and autonomy, able to work under pressure
- Flexible in terms of working time with a priority on “getting the job done”
- A good team player who can perform and work on a wide variety of tasks simultaneously
- Experience with development on windows servers and Unix host platform.
- Experience with Visual Studio IDE.
- Highly Numerate
- Empowered decision making
- Strong oral and written skills
- Fosters open communication
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to internal and external senior management
- Acts with integrity
- Demonstrates adaptability
- Personal organisation
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Be prepared to be in the front line, handle queries and proactively handle issue resolution
- Strong work ethic and keen attention to detail
- Be diligent, efficient and able to manage multiple conflicting deliverables including working under pressure
- Question existing procedures, being able to point out weaknesses and suggest improvements challenging the status quo as necessary
- Influences others at all levels
- Builds relationships
- Possess the personal impact to command respect throughout the group
- Cultivates Teamwork
- and positive management of resources
- Extensive experience in C++ and C#
- SOLID Principles
- TSQL using SQL Server