Join epay as we transform our team into one ready to meet the challenges of the future, setting us up to support our ambition to provide a commercial service to internal and external clients. We’re seeking a bright individual who has some experience in modelling and analytics and is prepared to work with various data sets ranging from (but not limited to) prepaid, financial, gambling/betting, and payments. Importantly, it would be best if you were goal focused and could think critically about modelling and statistics. This is a role where you will need to work with external clients in different time zones and be willing to adapt working times to suit client needs.
- Building and validating statistical models to support business decisions in line with regulatory requirements.
- Researching the best techniques for the given purpose and coordinating with others to determine a model specification.
- Providing a critical eye on existing models and technical expertise to stakeholders
- Managing own workload and prioritising accordingly.
- Providing input into the scoping, design, development, validation and implementation models.
- Data preparation, merger, quality checks and treatment.
- Providing support and coaching to less experienced analysts within the team.
A few qualities you need to bring
- A demonstrated ability to learn complex mathematical and coding techniques
- A numerical-related degree (Maths, Statistics, Data Science, Economics or related) or relevant business experience.
- Some understanding of statistical modelling techniques such as hypothesis testing and probability distributions.
- Some experience in model development with a track record of producing high-quality analytical work.
- Experience coding models in Python, R, MATLAB or related packages
- Ability to show data in visualisations using Power BI
A bonus if you have, but not essential
- Experience in modelling with gambling/betting data
- Understanding of model usage and credit strategies
- Coaching/mentoring experience
- Close working relationship with Global Performance Lead, Head of Insights and other key Business Leaders
- Highly cross-functional role