We are looking to recruit a brand new position within our Software Development team. We are looking for a Graduate with a degree in Computer Science or a related subject, for example Maths/Physics/Engineering. Or we or looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 years’ experience. If you have experience in C++ or an object orientated programming language this is beneficial.
The role is based at our Head office in Billericay. We operate a Hybrid working model with 3 days based in the office (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
The successful candidate is a member of the Software Development Team who are responsible for delivering platforms and solutions to the business and its clients.
The candidate will initially be responsible for quality assurance testing of the EPAY Point of Sale (POS) terminals. There are 2 POS platforms, one whose software is hosted on an android based device and is written in Java. The other is a unix/posix based terminal written in C++. The candidate’s role also includes the responsibility to automate the regression testing of the C++ based solution.
The initial duties of the candidate will be to act as the QA tester, performing regression tests according to the test scripts. The candidate will create/modify test scripts where required.
The candidate will also be guided to automate, as much as possible, the manual regression testing procedures. This will involve using third party tools, and developing custom made bespoke code. Full training and guidance will be given.
- Attention to detail
- Design and develop logical and efficient solutions based on understanding objectives and requirements
- Produce work of high quality with an emphasis on reliability, scalability and performance
- Develop solutions with an awareness of security and best practices
- Create technical documentation for solutions
- Participate in reviews/audits ensuring that compliance with regulations and accreditations are maintained
- Work with the Software Development Team Lead to deliver all company objectives
- Meet and exceed all company and individual goals in line with the Company’s policies, procedures, and values
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management
Required Experience and Qualities
- Graduate with a degree in Computer Science or a subject where programming is taught and used (Maths/Engineering/Physics etc) – essential.
- Experience of C++/C# programming languages – essential.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- Ability to understand high level requirements and expand on them
- Ability to work with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
- Flexibility in terms of working time with a priority on delivering critical business initiatives within agreed timeframes
- A good team player