As a Junior IT Software Delivery Co-Ordinator, you will work closely with the Commercial and IT Operations teams to enable the delivery of software solutions across epay’s extensive retail and brand network.
You will take a lead role in the planning and co-ordination of these solutions to ensure delivery to the required quality standards within the timeframes allotted, with an appreciation of dependencies.
You will apply various risk management techniques; identifying and recording/tracking of defects, whilst facilitating in the remediation of these, keeping internal and external stakeholders informed of progress.
You will have a good eye for detail and high degree of accuracy, ensuring software solutions are delivered to the highest possible quality for client satisfaction. Working with autonomy and respect for people, in line with the company’s goals and values is expected without exception.
It is expected that you have prior experience in working directly with external clients, being sensitive to cultural differences and norms. You should be capable to deal with uncertainty to ensure delivery is kept on track and that risks are owned/managed in good time.
Responsibilities may also include administration support for epay’s PMO function, ensuring business requests are logged/managed and prerequisites are flagged prior to delivery.
- Liaising with Commercial Operations teams to review and plan business requests
- Providing IT Operations teams with required data for configuration
- Producing and executing test plans/scripts
- Recording, tracking and documenting defects, ensuring they are owned and resolved prior to release
- Querying of data by use of SQLServer, MySQL
- Ensuring requirements for software solutions are in a ‘ready’ state prior to client handoff
- Supporting external clients throughout testing, being the primary point of contact
- Managing a prioritised task list
- Estimating time involved in assuring quality assurance activities
- Engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure solution completeness
- Producing necessary technical documentation for epay’s solutions (where necessary)
- Communicate progress of delivery routinely, flagging risks and issues as they arise
- Providing support for PMO function
- Adherence to security practices and procedures
- General administration duties
- Effective problem solver, ensuring all avenues are explored to resolve critical issues
- Establish priorities logically and systematically
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Build and sustain positive working relationships with internal and external cross-functional teams, being sensitive to cultural differences
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Act with honesty and integrity, even in the face of challenges
- Understand and identify where process improvements are to be, challenging the status quo, when necessary, in a professional manner
- Commercially astute (i.e. understands project and financial process dependencies)
- Experience in IT software delivery and quality assurance
- Demonstrable application of SQLServer / mySQL data querying
- Prior exposure to the production and execution of Acceptance tests
- Experience in tracking and monitoring features and bugs