A two-year placement for graduates or a permanent role for a candidate with 1-2 year’s Commercial experience, specifically working within the Sales Function, as part of the wider commercial department. This will consist of projects and tasks mainly within the Digital and Physical Retail channel partners and some involvement with specific new projects.
Office based in Billericay initially until the probation period has been satisfactorily passed with a requirement to travel to our London corporate office for meetings as and when required. Once probation period terminates, the requirement will be 3 days in the office (London or Billericay).
The role will involve working closely with our Head of Digital on Global and UK accounts in the B2C and B2B space and will cover different aspects of a Commercial role such as:
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Product and Brand Approval process
- Reporting, analysis and business case submission process
- Working with the Finance team ensuring pricing and invoicing are correctly set up
- Legal contract templates and framework
- Working with the IT team coordinating your projects that are going live and adding of new product to existing retailers
- New business development including acquisition and pitches
As and when required there may be the possibility of working across our Brick and Mortar Channel on specific projects to gain an understanding of this channel and support where required
The successful graduate will meet and exceed all company and individual goals in line with the Company’s policies, procedures and Values.
- Coordination/Management of retailers and brands – including but not limited to – brand approval process, keeping retailer product lists updated with new content and/or margins, communicating any notifications from the brands to the retailers and confirming these have been agreed, ensure amendments to margins have been communicated and actioned with internal finance teams etc.
- Account Management Support (alongside the Head of Digital Channel) of retailers which potentially span across multiple countries – including but not limited to – day to day requests from retailer, customer service issues, reporting, new distribution partner set ups, brand asset updates, card production and stock management, set up of any new products etc.
- Spend time with relevant, internal departments, to gain a solid understanding of the business and your role within it in relation to the Commercial team and your area of responsibility
- Taking accountability and ownership of specific projects, from start to finish, whilst working closely with internal departments and Head of Channel
- Working to tight deadlines to deliver such projects, effectively prioritising and managing your time
- Actively support the Head of Channel to build client relationships, identify business opportunities & in doing so, contribute towards growing the business.
- Manage and nurture existing relationships with retailers.
- Coordinate and manage retailer brand approval requests in conjunction with the Product Team
- Actively promote products and provide high quality customer service.
- Undertake additional learning where appropriate
- To be an ambassador for the Company, strongly promoting the Company’s values and vision.
- Other duties, special projects, and special reporting as assigned
- Be available to undertake such travel as the Company may require from time to time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- University graduates with a 2:1 or above who are determined to carve out a successful career for themselves. Preferably within Business Management or Marketing. Would also consider a non-graduate with a minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience within an office environment, an admin/support role would be preferred
- Willingness to learn
- A desire to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Committed to developing your career
- Confident person with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can-do Attitude with the ability to take direction but also take initiative where appropriate
- Customer focused
- Highly numerate
- Strong oral and written skills
- Fosters open communication
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to internal and external senior management.
- Acts with integrity
- Demonstrates adaptability
- Detail orientation
- Personal organisation
- Works well under pressure
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Solves problems and offers solutions
- Strong work ethic and keen attention to detail
- Be diligent, efficient and able to manage multiple conflicting deliverables including working under pressure
- Question existing procedures, being able to point out weaknesses and suggest improvements challenging the status quo as necessary.
- Influences others at all levels
- Builds relationships
- Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.